Justin Upton?

Dark Helmet

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I was sitting in traffic today thinking about BJ Upton for Ubaldo. Bad contract for bad contract. I'm not saying I would want him but with the possible need for an outfielder and 1 starter too many... Ah, I'm just throwing stuff out there.

I heard someone suggest Ubaldo for Carl Crawford.

Yeah. Ethier crossed my mind too. I believe he makes less than Crawford but is older.

Ethier and Craawford are both 32. Both are owed around 60m for next 3 years. Ethier is basically Nick Markakis. It be like giving Nick a 3/30m deal. Might rather have Ethier and get rid of Ubaldo.

Ethier and Craawford are both 32. Both are owed around 60m for next 3 years. Ethier is basically Nick Markakis. It be like giving Nick a 3/30m deal. Might rather have Ethier and get rid of Ubaldo.

Edit: Ethier has a vesting option for 2018 for 17.5m. So If the Dodgers took Ubaldo wed be on the hook for roughly 4/40m. No thanks.

I was just trying to figure what would be the "lesser evil" so to speak. Ubaldo for BJ Upton or Crawford or Ethier.

I was sitting in traffic today thinking about BJ Upton for Ubaldo. Bad contract for bad contract. I'm not saying I would want him but with the possible need for an outfielder and 1 starter too many... Ah, I'm just throwing stuff out there.

I'm not sure if you were aware...but this thread was about Justin Upton, not B.J.

Braves are willing to trade him. High OBP with 30 HR power. Two years left on deal.

Would Norris, Bundy, and. Schoop be close?

I love the thought of Justin Upton on the O's. I like Norris being part of a deal, but your number #1 prospect and starting second baseman seem like a lot to deal.

I don't see us trading Schoop or Bundy at this point.

Norris, Bundy, Schoop is too much. That'd bleed the near future of cost controllable talent. I still think Bundy becomes a serviceable starter, Norris is a serviceable starter, and Schoop still had plenty of upside left despite his horrible offensive year. I'd rather keep what we have and sign Aoki.

I'm not sure if you were aware...but this thread was about Justin Upton, not B.J.

Yes, I was aware. But considering they're brothers, both play for the Braves and the Braves are rumored to be shopping BJ, I found it funny to be a topic when I was just think about trading for the other Upton no more than 2 hours before he posted this. Am I not allow to bring up the coincidence? If me being off topic is a problem, I guess I'll answer the original question. No, I would not trade Bundy, Schoop and Norris for 2 years of Justin Upton.

Yes, I was aware. But considering they're brothers, both play for the Braves and the Braves are rumored to be shopping BJ, I found it funny to be a topic when I was just think about trading for the other Upton no more than 2 hours before he posted this. Am I not allow to bring up the coincidence? If me being off topic is a problem, I guess I'll answer the original question. No, I would not trade Bundy, Schoop and Norris for 2 years of Justin Upton.

Sorry...wasn't trying to give you a hard time...just making sure.

Archived